Monday 6 August 2007

Sometimes, we visit places and we marvel at how delicious everything is. Meat is garnished with sauces, ordinary vegetables become exotic salads and we are presented with stunning examples of what can be achieved with roasted coffee beans, milk and a tremendous amount of elbow grease. However, at it's core we understand how these feats are achieved. You cook it... right. You combine it... right. Or something.

However if you present me with Apple Crumble flavoured gelato, you better watch your motherflippin' backs because a witch hunt is about to begin.

Now, I consider myself a rational man. I don't believe in conspiracies, I'm not particularly superstitious, and the only faith I have is in rational thought. I don't believe that a shadowy group can run the world if high-ranking members of government can't get their toes sucked by a hooker without it leaking to the news the next morning. I trust firmly in logic, evidence and intellectual rigour.

So when I say to you that I am certain that the Gelatomassi is run by Wizards who are practising their mystical alchemy and transmutation to create gelato, know that I employ no rhetoric, nor exaggeration of the mystical sect that I am reporting.

EVIDENCE:

  • If the aforementioned Apple Crumble gelato isn't crazy enough to blow your mind, how about flavours like Panna Cotta and Date-Pudding?
  • The white aprons they wear could perhaps actually be capes worn on the front, capes that could perhaps befit WIZARDS?!
  • They have a nice range of flavours, that are obviously worked on with dilligence. Each flavour has a suprisingly nice depth which means that I continually want to come back and have more. The point that I'm making here is that it's magically delicious. and bewitching.
  • The service here is excellent. Although of the loud and in your face variety, it gives a character to the place that is difficult to capture. Could be hex-related, perhaps.
  • Gelatomassi kinda sounds like Illuminati.

So there's the verdict. If you're interested in delicious cold things that become liquid when you apply heat to them, gelatomassi is untopped for me in the city. Bar Italia has a strong case, as does the gelateria in Darlinghurst, but come on.

Wizards mang.

No comments: