Saturday 15 September 2007

Big Brekky is self-explanatory. This poses a problem when attempting to put together a post that avoids being redundant and not existing.

The funky interior, and the lively atmosphere set the tone for the place nicely. A strange colour scheme, and odd bits and pieces lying around immediately made me feel at home, despite the fact that I've always lived in houses that were far more drab. There's a hustle and bustle to the place which communicates to the atmosphere of the place, fitting with the down-to-earth food and service that they offer.
After spotting a cappuccino that was noticeably unnatural in its lumpiness (seriously, a barista should never end up with something that looks like this), all thoughts of ordering a coffee were immediately erased in my mind. We are both boring and gluttonous, so the "Big Brekky" was an easy choice, while the Portobello mushrooms were the result of our predilection for the taste of a fun-guy (GET IT?!) (On a serious note: I'm sorry about that. Really.)
Both turned out to be delicious, and given to us in generous servings. The Big Brekky amply lived up to its name, while the Portobello mushrooms were so rich that they forced me into submission, unable to stomach it's flavour attack. I had no complaints with my food, being so delicious and filling, but I guess it's a sign of how spoilt I am that I noticed that I hadn't been knocked on my ass with the awesome of the food.
If we had been served on time, I would probably endorse this place. However, since I waited for along time, with little acknowledgement of their mistake, they go into the "I don't really see a reason to visit you guys again" camp. Even if the food was pretty damned good. They need to improve the coffee, in any case.

(I'm being constructive with my feedback!)

No comments: